Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mostly Fingerprints Part...aw, who's counting!!!

The Summer and Fall of 2009 pressed on, and Shawn went from one lead to another as far as financing for the machine. I'll never forget being able to take the girls to Six Flags for a vacation, and Shawn getting a call while we were at the park regarding the CNC and the fact that they would be having to come pick it up soon. We trusted God, shook off the "shakenness" and continued our vacation. It was a wonderful time with the girls, and a total gift from God!

The end of the year rolled around, and financially we were doing so well but the question of the CNC was still an unwelcomed guest in our minds. Shawn continued to try and make connections, and just the sheer fact that the machine was still sitting in Shawn's shop was a miracle of God. Since they wouldn't take Shawn's payments on the machine and would not finance him, logically the machine should have been repossessed many months before. We held on to this. We didn't know what was going to happen, but we knew God had sustained us for this long...beyond what was believable by the human brain...and we trusted He would continue until His plan played out.

In January, Shawn and I spent our anniversary in Ruidoso, NM and had a wonderful time. However, we were both interested in a phone call Shawn was waiting for to see if yet another prospect would co-sign for the machine. During the trip, we found out that Shawn officially had a co-signer, but it was like pulling teeth to get the information from the man. So weeks drug on, and Shawn had gotten a call stating they just could not wait any longer and someone would be coming to pick up the CNC soon. Finally, what seems like forever later...all of the paperwork was in and Shawn simply had to go to the bank and sign the papers. Shawn signed what was needed, left the bank and then realized that there was no co-signer. He called me to share the shocking news, and then called the bank. He was told the co-signers credit actually hurt his chances of getting the loan so they just gave it to him under his name alone! WHAT??? Are you kidding me??? Obviously, God was once again written all over this! Not in a fingerprint, but in a celestial size FOOTPRINT!! Thank you sweet Jesus for being so faithful, so wise, and so loving!! We were simply in awe!!

So, here we are today. It has taken me so long to post the final episode because we spent 5 days on vacation in California, and now we are all sick!! We had such an awesome time, we only lost Hollis once, and the laptop that Hollis spilled Dr. Pepper all over was easily replaced! However, we are still trying to get all of my pictures from forever off of the hard drive!

I have no idea what God has in store for our lives, but I know this. He has proved himself faithful, even though the journey was long and hard. If you are reading this and are in the middle of your storm, hold on. He will not let you down, and if satan is telling you otherwise, remind him that the bible says in Christ, we walk on the head of the enemy.

Speaking of "in Christ", if you cannot recall a moment when you knew that you knew that you knew you were saved by Christ I encourage you to take care of that. It isn't something that happens gradually, but a single moment. If you can't put your finger on a single moment that you chose Christ, then all you have to do is simply pray. ' Dear God, I admit that I have sinned, and I ask you to forgive me of my sins. I believe that Jesus died on the cross so that I could have forgiveness of my sins, and that He then beat death by rising again 3 days later. I believe that you are the one and only God and I am asking you to make me your child and to help me to live a life that is pleasing to you. Thank you God. Amen.' If you just prayed this prayer, I have already prayed for you and your first steps as a child of God!

Now that the novel is finished, I will begin blogging more about daily life and try to post some pics soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment