Saturday, June 18, 2011

God's terms

So, in light of my last post...I thought I would update you on my conversations with God! It really is crazy how things happen, and I LOVE it when my God lets me know He is completely aware of my life and the goings on in Sonya Land. Even if it isn't the answer I always want, it is nice to know that He who holds my entire life in His hand is aware and hasn't delegated the task of overseeing daily activities to someone else!

On Thursday night, as I sat in my closet...yes, once again...he led my hands to John 15:18-20. A paraphrase of the verses would be this...
Sonya, I picked you to live on MY terms and so the world will hate you. They hated me, they will certainly hate you.
Anytime I am led to a scripture where God is reminding me that HE CHOSE ME...I am immediately at peace. He knows what is going on around me, and He is continuing to let me know that I am doing what He has asked and to hang in there. He also led me to...
Psalm 18:30...Everyone who runs toward God makes it. (THANK YOU SWEET JESUS! I am running!!!)
Now, He also led me to Job 17: 1-2. 'My spirit is broken and mockers close in on me' is basically what the two scriptures say. If you haven't read the book of Job lately...please do. If Job made it, then surely I will! Thank you Jesus for reminding me that others have felt as I do...and they made it!

If you are finding yourself questioning right about now why in the world I am so at peace with my Jesus based on the suffering described in the above scriptures...this is why. We ALL will suffer on this earth, this I am certain that nobody can deny. Whether it is financial struggles, death of loved ones, divorce, abuse, health issues, or just simply a feeling of unhappiness...EVERYONE battles something. I choose to suffer for Christ, because HE suffered for me. Because I choose Christ, my suffering will end COMPLETELY one day when I am made whole in heaven. This is his promise. He also promises to give me strength and help me to rise on the wings of eagles as I wait upon Him. Therefore, I can handle life much better WITH Him than without Him.
It is also clear in scripture that if I do not choose Christ, there is no other alternative besides Hell. If I have to survive hell on earth from time to time in order to live an eternity of happiness in heaven...I will take that. My prize is waiting for me because of one moment when I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive my sins, and lead the way for me. A single moment of my entire life means an eternity of peaceful happiness. Are the trials of this life a fair trade? Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. love your perspective, Sonya! i don't know what's going on, but praying for continued peace for you! miss seeing you all!

    ReplyDelete