Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wrecked or Totaled?

So, I'll have to admit that I was a bit anxious about sharing Dacia's vision of a family visiting Uganda for Christmas with Shawn, even though I knew that she might as well have said, "my vision is that the Wilson family come to Uganda for Christmas".  Even better, God might as well have interjected in a booming voice..."I'm sending the Wilsons".  Anxious or not, I was excited at the possibility of God using our family this way.  Shawn's response?  Glad you asked.

"That will be all we do for Christmas then".  Really?  Like REALLY?  You aren't going to come up with a millions reasons why you can't leave your business for that long because if you aren't there it isn't making money?  (I will have to interject that he did insist that he will be packing heat, so God still has a number to do on him as far as Divine safety in following THIS road.)

So there you have it...just like that.  THIS road is leading to Uganda...but I am certain that THIS road will not end in Uganda.  We asked the kids last week to pray with us about this opportunity because we want to be sure that we are sure this is God's plan for us and we want the kids to be a part of praying for THIS road.  Shawn said something very profound that night.  

"We are going to minister to them, but I have a feeling we will be the ones ministered to."  

Wrecked.  That's what I am thinking.  Not ministered to, but smooth wrecked and as Dacia put it, the wreckage will be beautiful!

There are so many scriptures and conversations that have confirmed THIS road, and maybe I will share some of them later, but I will leave you with where God has led me to again today.  You will not be surprised if you've read my last post.  I really need to buy marshmallows because this fire is not going out and I have a feeling that the tent will stay pitched a while!

Again, with great anticipation and praying God would show me what He has for me THIS day my bible falls open to Isaiah 6...shocking, I know.  I read, and then followed the same procedure that I am SO fond of.  

2 Samuel 7: 18-21...David is praying after Nathan shares his vision the God gave to him which includes the plans that God has for David and his descendants.  The entire chapter is about God's covenant promise to David.
Specifically in verses 18-21 David is praying who am I and what is my family that you have brought me to this place in life?  But that's nothing to what's coming, for you've also spoken of my family far into the future and given me a glimpse.  What can I say?  You know me, just as I am.  You've done all of this not because of who I am but because of who you are...and you've let me in on it.  Now, obviously the context of this scripture is referring to the lineage of Christ...but it was also confirmation through God's whispers once again.  He is using my family, regardless of who we are and the messes we make of our lives, not because of us...but because of who HE is.  And when I read "and have made them known to your servant", the tears welled.  God could do ANYTHING He wants, with our without us...but He has graciously allowed us to be a part...He's let us in on it.  Wow.  Just wow.  I am humbled, overwhelmed, but most of all excited and feeling the love.

My third turn with scripture today, as if I needed anything else, was nothing other than Luke 5.  Today, however, the exact verses were 27-32.  While it included Christ asking who needs a doctor, the sick or the healthy...something else grabbed me.  "Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector's booth. 'Follow me and be my disciple', Jesus said to him.  So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him." (27-28)  

"Left everything".  What does this mean?  What is God saying to me?  What are His intentions with my family?  Surely He is not calling us to leave everything!  That only happened in scripture, many many years ago, right?  My heart and spirit is burdened...why did those two words stand out?  I'm wondering if wrecked was a strong enough word...maybe totaled would have been more appropriate.

And still my prayer is, "God wreck me.  This world is about so much more than what we see.  Break my heart for what breaks yours and carry my feet there. Prepare us Lord for THIS road and where you are leading and supply us with your peace as we journey.  Guard our hearts Lord, and protect us from the enemy as we anticipate his full on attacks in an attempt to thwart your plans.  You are bigger, you are stronger.  Keep our eyes focused on you Lord.  Amen"  

No comments:

Post a Comment