Friday, March 19, 2010

I Can Do This!






Before the cold weather settles in once again tomorrow, we decided to get outside one last time and enjoy the sunshine. Hollis wanted to ride his "motorcycle", but has not been able to figure out how to ride continuously. He, as most children his age, has a habit of pushing the pedals the wrong way and applying the brake unintentionally.

So here we go, out onto the sidewalk. The girls were laughing deliriously as they zoomed around on their plasma cars, and Hollis mounted his bike with a world full of confidence. He assumed the position and took off!! As I walked closely to make sure he didn't fall over, his words were clear and demanding..."No momma, I can do this!". I'm sorry..is this my not even 2 1/2 year old son telling me he doesn't need me???? Why yes, it certainly is.

While part of my heart was crying profusely, the rest of it was beaming with pride. As his sweet little words, as stern as they were, echo in my ears...I am forced to think of him not being my baby anymore. As tears well up, and I want to hang on to him with everything that I have...I am reminded by Hollis himself that I can let go..."I can do this".






4 comments:

  1. Hey Sonya! I'm so glad that you are a blogger...I love blogging...great way to let family and friends know what has been going on in your world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is sooooo CUTE!!!! He reminds me so much of zac at that age. I miss my Hollis!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one!!! Letting go is so hard on us mommas!!

    ReplyDelete