Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Run


This past weekend I was able to watch hard work and determination come to fruition at the Dallas Rock N Roll Half Marathon. My friend, Angie, and I decided for reasons unknown to begin training for the race in January. We looked at several different training schedules and went to work...never looking back!

Just as planned, we crossed the finish line together, and having my family there to watch me approach the finish line was absolutely priceless! It truly was an amazing experience, but I have to give complete credit to God. When life tried to get in the way of training...He was my determination. When, within the first mile, we headed downhill and I feared running back uphill...He was the voice inside me saying "I did not give you a spirit of fear". When my joints screamed from pain... He was the one who carried me. You see, HE was the best training plan I could find, and I totally relied on Him for success!






1 comment:

  1. yay!! another blog for me to read! now i can keep up with y'all after we move! :)

    so proud of you and angie!!

    ReplyDelete