Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm Sorry, How much??

So, we are a few weeks into Addie Claire's gluten free diet and while I'm still learning...I do feel a lot more confident. I spoke with a friend last week, who has a daughter with celiac disease, and she was a mountain of help for me! (Thanks Keri!!) My knowing her was not by chance, but another piece of God's divine plan!!
One thing I've learned oh so quickly is that in order to plan meals, pack lunches, and provide snacks for Addie Claire that do not upset her tummy...our budget must change! I bought a box of 6 corndogs and a small container of ice cream made from coconut milk for $15 and some change! A package of "oreos" that are gluten free, which is less than half of the size of a regular package of Oreos...$6.00!
Here is where God enters this picture. You see a year ago, had we known that Addie Claire needed to be as gluten/dairy free as possible we would not have been able to afford to feed her correctly! What a difference a year makes, and what a difference GOD makes! Because He led Shawn to his current employment as Owner and Founder of Rockwater (which I might add the name was chosen based on Moses's faith in God...strike the rock, water will come) we are totally able to pay the jump in grocery costs. I seriously want to shout from the mountain top how incredible God...the one true God...is. I wish all of my friends and family could know Him as I do!
So, although our trips to the grocery store includes a much higher cost, God has once again provided for our family. Not only has He given us the means to provide the food she needs, but he has also placed key people in my life to help me learn more about living a gluten-free lifestyle.
When I think about how so many things have fallen into place, I am speechless yet again at His mercy and grace upon our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment